Wednesday, August 3, 2011

4th of July

We stayed true to our tradition of visiting my relatives in Idaho for the 4th of July. The stay was too short (as it always is) but we enjoyed our time and visits very much.




Crossing the field and blowing dandylion puffs


Meeting the only friendly barn kitten
Elise was very intrigued by the kitten...


...but a little unsure when it started squiggling


(her face cracks me up)


One of the most fun activities was when Grandpa Elison irrigated his lawn.


I loved this when I was a kid.


First the ditch had to fill up.


Then the grass flooded. Little air bubbles were all over the lawn.


Isis swinging around with Grandpa


Back at Grandpa Hatch's dairy.


She is one cute girl!


This one too. :)


Our family firework show. Isis spent the whole time with her ears plugged.


Elise spent most of the time hiding from the fireworks.


Isis was most excited about going on the tire swing. She remembered it from last year.


She would have swung on it all day if there had been someone to push her that long. :)







3 comments:

kws said...

I love, love, love the pictures of Isis swinging with Grandpa and by herself on the tire swing. Those pictures are just beautiful! Can we please move near eachother?! Please! I miss you!

Brenda said...

Your pictures captured the peace and happiness of summertime.

Spring said...

They are SO adorable, Rachel!