Friday, December 17, 2010

Snow Day

Great Uncle Stephen sent us a Christmas package. At first I thought it was literally just a box of styrofoam peanuts. (It is totally something he would do.) It turns out that was as good a present as anything. I told Isis she could get in the box of "snow".
Shortly thereafter I walked in on this...
"Look, Mama, it's snowing!"
There were THOUSANDS of peanuts. It was already a mess so we played in it for an hour or so.
Isis loved it.
But as with all messes, they must be cleaned up. This one proved tricky as there was SO MUCH and vacuuming blew them away, didn't suck up big chunks, or created static making them jump to the wall. What else can you do with snow but shovel it? :)
It's the first time in 5 years I've pulled out our snow shovel.
It also took an HOUR to clean it up. Oh well. :)
Thanks Uncle Stephen for our fun Las Vegas snow day!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

All these posts are so fun. Elise's cute happy cake-covered face is so precious, Isis' 2nd mouth is nasty and thinking of watching it get stitched made me sway a bit too, and the princess lounging in candy is hilarious.

ALSO, you're such a great and fun mom to let the girls play in styrofoam because it was already messy anyway. Totally cool.

JoEllen said...

That. Is. Awesome.

I will have to remember that gift to use in the future...