Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Nothin'

Well, we're in week 38. Yea...

I went to the hospital on Sunday. I was having contractions 3 minutes apart for 2 hours... that's a good sign to go in, right? I put my gown on, the nurse straps me to the monitors, and then they stop, at least any that I could feel. After 20 minutes the doctor said to walk around for an hour to see if that helped me progress. So Jeremy and I walked and walked and walked. During each lap around I got to the end of the hall and skipped the last 25 feet. Still, when I got checked again, nothin'. I was still having contractions every 4 minutes that I couldn't feel but was told to go home. False labor. Um, the contractions I was having at home definitely were not false. They were intensely real. Nevertheless, we did not come home with a baby on Sunday.

Bummer.

3 comments:

The Benfields said...

don't despair! that baby will come out :) i know it is hard at the end...know we are thinking happy thoughts for a happy delivery. much love to you and your family, cher.

JoEllen said...

hang in there...you're almost done!

Spring said...

I'm so glad to see your posts - I was worried about a repeat from last time. These last weeks really are the hardest. Hang in there, girl!