*Here's to hoping the baby doesn't come too early, as in this week. The situation is eerily similar to two and a half years ago. I had Isis at 35 weeks, the day after my baby shower, with my sister here. I was 35 weeks yesterday, my sister comes to visit tomorrow, and my friend's giving me a baby shower on Saturday... Hmmm.... We shall see.
*I'm bigger now than when I had Isis... but I weigh the same... but I've only gained 20 pounds instead of the 30 with Isis. Weird. I wish I could be one of those cute pregnant people. Maybe it's because I'm short. Or is that just a gene you're born with? The I-will-look-cute-pregnant gene. Hmmm.
*I'm feeling very sentimental about my days of "just me and Isis" so quickly coming to an end. And also that I'm not very fun right now because I'm big and tired.
*My brain is mush. My sister sent me a survey to fill out about standardized testing (something I have strong opinions about) and I was racking my brain for the words I wanted to use. Do I need to write more or read more or just talk to other adults more? I hope my brain comes back someday.
*I'm nervous all over again about labor and delivery because it won't be the same as it was with Isis. I don't know what to expect or what contractions not brought on by drugs feel like. Or how intense they should be/ how long I should wait until I go in. What do I do with my two year old? What if (and most likely he will be) Jeremy's at work? He's got to commute home. Ah! You'd think I've never done this before. At least this time I have a bag ready to go to the hospital.... I'm such a spaz.
10 years ago
5 comments:
I'm glad to hear that you've gained less weight this time around, but totally jealous that it's only 20 pounds! :)
I remember being very sentimental about my time with Little Sal quickly closing. It's just so sad to think that everyone is getting so big. He wasn't going to be the baby anymore and I was going to be dependent on him to be more independent. It's worked out well though. :)
Um...I don't recall receiving an invitation to said baby shower. So, I'm going to pretend that you're not really having one. :)
Labor and delivery is scary! It's too many unknowns. I'm a planner. I wish you could say, okay, contractions start at 9, baby born at 4. Or something like that. (I guess you can if you have inductions.) The unknown is scary.
I know we live across town, but if there is ANYTHING we can do, please call us! Even if you just want us to hang out with Isis. One of us is usually around at all times.
Hooray for nearing the end of your pregnancy!
Hello! That is a long comment. Sorry.
i love you...hang in there!
Good luck. I realized getting to the "I could have a baby any time" stage is totally scary and brings all kinds of anxiety.
Also, yippee for you gaining less weight this time, though how weird you're just as big. Amazing the same person's pregnancies can be so different.
And pregnancy brain is the worst. It's so unfair they take our IQs, too.
I've been thinking about you lately and praying everything goes well this time. I know all about that horrible anxiety - how will everything work out and all. Don't worry, somehow it always does work out, and when it "doesn't", you have one amazing birth story. (Like my friend who drove herself to the hospital while in labor with her first baby, had a contraction as she was parking and ended up with her front tires going up and over that little concrete stop - Her husband was standing there watching her pull up and yelled at her, only to get an earfull himself.)
Post a Comment