We were short two stockings this Christmas and I just happened to have some cute, but very worn out pajama pants... (These got done just in time... on Christmas Eve!)
Growing up we had an advent calendar that I loved. I did my best to recreate it and made one for my sister too (though her's turned out much better than this one).
A sister in our Primary presidency had a baby shower last month and I felt compelled to make a quilt... mostly to utilize my new sewing table (which works totally awesome by the way).
Now I've made bread and rolls before. I love to eat homemade bread but I never get it to turn out quite right. Last week I made bread all the way from scratch. From scratch, I mean I ground my wheat into flour and then made the bread. Ooo, it was good. I think we ate a whole loaf the first day. :)
And lastly, around September last year I found out one of my best and long time friends was having a baby, due around Christmas. So in October I bought material, cut out my pieces, and... did nothing. For FOUR months! I kept changing my mind about the layout and just plain didn't do anything about it. But last Friday I finally finished it and got it sent off. Hooray! Though not my finest sewing job, I'm pleased with how it turned out. I especially love the flannel lobsters on the back. :)
The question now is, what should I work on next?? I might try making some bookshelves but we'll see.
9 comments:
WOW!!! You are truly a domestic godess...I'm so impressed!
good grief! Ditto to what Korryn said!
Oh my gosh! You are uber talented! Maybe I do want to be your neighbor...perhaps you'll be persuaded to make me such cute things! :) I do have a baby due in May, you know?
(As an aside, we are moving this weekend into another rental. Perhaps next year, if we buy, one of your other neighbors will be selling. And maybe it won't be bright yellow!)
I LOVE book shelves! Do that next!
I love all your creations!! Can you post (or email me dlgrow @ gmail.com) your molten chocolate cake recipe? We go to Chili's just for that!
You amaze me! Where in the world do you find time to do all of this stuff? I can barely get dinner on the table:)
Wow, I second everything typed previously! Nice quilts! I keep meaning to try to make one, and you are just busting them out. and the sewing table you redid, I don't know if I commented or not on that post, but seriously, WOW! I usually feel accomplished with folded laundry, haha!
Sheesh Rachel! You're AMAZING! I love all those quilts and other sewing projects--if I had an awesome sewing table like yours I'd also feel quite compelled. You may have to tutor me before we leave.
Also, well done on the baking and the yummy dessert. I know stuff like that takes so much more time, but it's so nice to see that effort pay off.
And yes, we do need to get together before we go. I'll e-mail you, but just so you know most of the Fridays in March are good for us. Except the 13th--the MWC tournament is in town and I'm banking on the Rebels lasting that long. ;)
So what was that comment about making your own bread. I see you have done it too and all of those other projects to boot. I am truly impressed.
Post a Comment