Friends and Family,
Despite varying political views, I'm spreading the word and the plea to protect marriage and the family unit. A request is being made to fast in behalf of Proposition 8 in California. I am inviting all of you to join in this fast. A fast is to abstain from food and drink for the purpose of drawing closer to the Lord and petitioning for His help.
As I mentioned in an earlier post, Proposition 8 would add "only marriage between a man and a woman is recognized in the state of California" to the state constitution. There are similar amendments on the ballot in other states, such as Arizona. I encourage you to add these to your prayers and fast. It is going to be a very close vote. Encourage those you know in California to vote yes on Prop. 8 on Tuesday.
Please encourage others you know to fast with us in protecting the sacred institution of marriage.
Most sincerely,
Rachel & Jeremy
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment