Monday, December 3, 2012

Stories

My musings of a situation with Isis (after discovering quite the mess):
Isis' goal: I want a pirate telescope.
Isis' process: Hmm... no available cardboard rolls? No problem... I'll just choose one of these new toilet paper rolls out of the package.... too plush for a telescope... that's easily fixed.... now what to do with all this toilet paper?... ah, yes, the bathroom garbage can... hmm, that's full and I still have more paper.... well, it is TOILET paper.... oh... that's getting to full too... umm... yes, a plunger, that's what I need... wait.... why isn't this going down? why am I standing in a wading pool?........ MAMA!!!!!!! 

I guess I should be proud of her attempts at being resourceful. :)


Recent Elise event:

(As a preface, "stupid" is a bad word at our house.)
So we watched Charlie Brown Christmas the other night and the following conversation took place at dinner:
Elise: "That girl say stupid!"
Me: "Lucy said 'stupid'?"
Elise: "Yeah. She say 'You stupid Charlie Brown!'"
Me: "Was that a nice thing to say? Do you think it hurt Charlie Brown's feelings?"
Elise: "Yep. Me punch that girl in the face."

What the? ...Not quite the direction I was going for a lesson on compassion...
(Still... Jeremy and I had a hard time suppressing our laughter.)

1 comment:

JoEllen said...

ummmmm....this is freaking hilarious!!! you should do more posts like this!! LOVE IT!