1 May 1918 - 16 January 2012
I feel like anything I say is inadequate. Christmas was my last time seeing and talking to him. Giving him a hug then, I knew it was the last. Does knowing death is coming make it any easier? I'm not sure it does. However, since Grandpa Willis lived for 94 years it means that his death wasn't tragic, just sad. The week Grandpa died I cried often and was frustrated that my knowledge and testimony of the plan of salvation wasn't bringing me more comfort. But it was. I was just grieving for the grandparent I've been closest to. At his funeral I gained the closure I needed with the distinct impression that my sorrow was swallowed up in the joy of Christ. That is yet one more blessing of the Atonement. How could I get by without the gospel in my life?
But the missing him still hurts.
Elise meeting & playing with two 2nd cousins. (My cousin's kids, is that how that works?)

No comments:
Post a Comment