We had some dancing to get the party started.
A captivating game of drop-the-bears-in-the-basket.
They were having fun, just not doing much swimming.
My birthday was a week later. My angel, mind-reading mother drove up from Tucson just for the day to watch the girls so I could do whatever I wanted with Jeremy. Best birthday present EVER! :)
We "mudded" (applied joint compound to) the closet we're making under the stairs. Yes, I enjoyed doing this. We were able to just talk... and be uninterruptedly productive. (I like my made up words.)
We got cleaned up and were able to do a temple session. That's the first time I've been back since having Elise and it was wonderful. (Although it was a little awkward when I was putting on my dress and the zipper got stuck and I had to ask someone for help, and in very short order I had 4 little temple ladies trying to pull/hold/squeeze/jiggle the zipper and dress to try to get it together, and I wanted to say 'This really is the right size. I just had a baby. I promise I tried this on before I came and it fit.' Eventually they made it work and I was still breathing.)
After the temple it was off to dinner at Carrabba's. Mmmm. Just exactly as we got off on the exit the car died - completely. Luckily we were on a downhill exit and we rolled to the stop light and then Jeremy pushed it to the side of the road. Hooray for AAA. We had a tow truck in 10 minutes.
I did still want to go to dinner, though. And though it was only about 3 miles to the restaurant, walking in heels didn't seem like a fun idea. So, I asked our tow guy if he would drop us off. He did. :) Such service!
Who doesn't love a chauffeured tow truck birthday ride? :)
Isis was still up when we got back because she wanted to give me the cheesecake cupcakes she made for me with Grandma. I had to blow out a candle too. :) I love my sweet girl.
It was indeed a very happy birthday.
2 comments:
What a big girl! The birthday party looks like it was fun - especially yours!
LOVE the "excited for cupcakes" pictures. Isis is so cute!!
Love the temple dress scenario. I feel for you...I hate being "fat" and empty armed. At least if you're holding your baby, people understand why you're fat. :)
Post a Comment