Friday, February 12, 2010

A Moment of Silence Please...

...for Mr. Walter Morrison, creator of the frisbee, has died at age 90.
Mr. Morrison, because of your little plastic invention Ultimate Frisbee was created. And thanks to Ultimate I had something to look forward to countless Saturday mornings at BYU. Thanks to Ultimate I met and played with some of my dearest friends. (SO MANY happy memories on those frisbee fields.) Thanks to this awesome game I met Jeremy!! Wow. What would have become of me if I hadn't had Frisbee?
I just can't imagine.
So, thank you Mr. Morrison. Your the stranger who's done more for me than I ever knew.
(For an article about Walter Morrison click here.)

3 comments:

Spring said...

I'm going to add my thanks ... Like Rachel, many of my best friends were in the Ultimate group. I, too, can honestly say I only have my husband today because of Ultimate Frisbee. I always thought it was funny how my roommates fussed so much about how they looked, but I met more guys on Saturday mornings wearing sweats and no makeup.

Mandy and Jason said...

We are glad you came into Jeremy's life. It was a little scary on the girl front for a while. So, Mr. Morrison, THANK YOU!

Rachel said...

I love this post! You guys make me smile. I remember those mornings when you used to go play..and then secretly hide that you were in love..Well it was no shocker to me! SO glad you guys finally got married :)