Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Adventures in Gardening

Six posts in two days?! I'm on a roll!! :)

I just had to share something amazing about our garden... it's GROWING!! Hooray!

This is when we first planted it about the second week of March. New zucchini plants at the same time.
The zucchini plants now... only a month later!! Now we're just hoping we actually get to harvest some zucchini.
Some almost bell peppers.

Out-of-control oregano

We might just get to eat these before the birds do...

I'm super excited that I have three tomato balls! My tomato plants did nothing last year.


And my rose plants from Valentine's Day have finally bloomed. They are BEAUTIFUL!

3 comments:

JoEllen said...

Jealous!! You could make some yummy salsa with all that bounty! :)

Kollen Marchant said...

Wow, what a green thumb you have. I just haven't had the time/energy/desire to do anything green this year. Although I know in July I'll be kicking myself for some garden veges.

Rob and Erin said...

Wow Rachel! Nice garden! Last time we planted squash we got one yellow, and then the squash bugs found them and ate all the rest including all our zucchini, it was sad. I'm sure your zucchini will fare better :0) I love the Ukrainian eggs, very, very impressive, seems like they would take a long time. I also LOVE the blue in your bathrooms, Isis is an awesome helper! The kids liked the painting video, now they want to paint too, thanks ;0) I have more to say, but I think I'll comment on a different post, since this is getting so long!