Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Best Gift EVER!!!

This year Jeremy gave me... a broken table! An old sewing table right from the thrift store - scratches, broken parts and everything! Of course, part (well, the main part) of the thrill was the project that awaited me in fixing it up, which was Jeremy's intention to start with. :) Yes, he is a good husband.
It wasn't in TOO bad of shape to begin with...

No, better time to get to work than the day after Christmas, right? My new jig saw came in handy too! I do love power tools.
Filling in other people's holes when they tried to fit their sewing machine to the table.

Priming it in the backyard.
And by New Year's Day I had a brand "new" sewing table! Ta Da! Isn't it awesome? I love it!

Now my sewing machine is attached (I can fold the sewing machine down and have a regular desk) and is waiting for me to start my next project. :)

I love the new handles and knobs.


Jeremy was hoping it would take a little bit longer... but I couldn't stop!! I had to work on it everyday during Isis' nap. I just had to. :)
So hip hip hooray for an amazingly thoughtful husband who knows me well enough to give me a broken table for Christmas! I'm a lucky girl! ;)

11 comments:

kws said...

I am so impressed Rachel- the desk is beautiful! I love seeing the before and after pictures. It's like your own little Extreme Makeover: Desk Edition. Way to go!

Mi mundito said...

so You are the bomb. Just so you know. :)

Amanda said...

I think your table looks awesome - good job!

Jen said...

Holy crap, I love love love that table! It's gorgeous, with the black and the fantastic hardware and the retro design. Wow. It's awesome that the sewing machine folds into it. How fun! What a great husband you have.

JoEllen said...

Your table is awesome! I need you to show me how to use more power tools. :)

Perry Family said...

wow, that is a very beautiful table. good work! I've been wanting a sewing machine, I'm very envious!

Janna said...

That's beautiful!! And what a great way to hide a sewing machine.

Kollen Marchant said...

Hey that is so cool. If you are board and good with tools and refurbishing I've got a thing I've wanted to redo but didn't know where to start.

Board Game Lovers said...

You forgot to mention the wonderful sister-in-law who helped Jeremy find the table and then kept it in her house so you wouldn't see it until Christmas! You did a great job, it looks fantastic!

Hatch's said...

I love Jeremy. I wish Jeff would give me stuff to work on. He did buy me a router for Christmas though so I am happy about that. Your table is awesome. Very nice work!

Rob and Erin said...

Wow Rach! Awesome job!