(Still trying to shove them back through.)
After 35 minutes of trying, and racking our (tired) brains, and Isis screaming in agony, we concluded there was no other choice but to cut the bars off the crib. Jeremy went to get the jigsaw and I called my mom and explained the situation. (Moms are usually helpful in situations like this... you know, having been through everything already.)
She said this actually hadn't happened to her before but she suggested we cut off Isis pajamas and slick her up with soap and water. Man, did I feel retarded. Yeah, let's chop up our expensive crib... but the thought of cutting $5 pajamas didn't even cross my mind. Oh, well, I guess that's what happens when you're tired and your baby's crying and you can't do anything about it. So I cut off the pajamas and soaped up her swollen little legs and in another 10 minutes after more painful screams, we slipped her legs back through the crib slats. She has bruises on both knees but is otherwise fine. PHEW! (Now that it's over, it is amusing. But it certainly wasn't then.)
She was quite happy to be out of her crib after that.
Here's to the drama of parenthood, Cheers!
6 comments:
How funny. This has actually happened to BOTH of my kids. I think they learned their lesson after it happened though! Glad your mom was able to help you save the crib!
Aw, that's horrible! Poor thing, and poor you guys. I am with you, I didn't even think you should cut off her PJ bottoms. I'm so glad you didn't hurt the crib. Do you think this is something she'll remember forever? Probably until the next time she sees a tiny hole and wonders, "Will my finger fit in there?" Although, she's not a boy, so maybe not.
Oh my gosh! What an ordeal. I'm glad you didn't have to cut the slats on the crib, that would have really been bad. Poor little girl, with her swollen and stuck legs!
That's my grand daughter! Wait til she sticks a bean in her nose. Gave Isis a hug from her grandpa.
I love that you took pictures while this whole thing was going on- way to save precious memories for posterity! Isis is so cute by the way- I love that little grin.
She looks sooo happy in that last picture! What a cutie! Poor thing...Cheers, indeed.
Post a Comment