Friday, October 17, 2008

My Two Cents and then some


You need to make your voice heard. Be informed. If you're not informed become so! Use your influence for good. For the good of yourself and your children; for the good of the nation.
Proposition 8 in California needs to pass... It HAS to pass. The very foundation of families is at stake. Our church leaders (who do not get involved in politics, except to tell us to vote) have told members to vote yes on Prop. 8 and to do everything within their means to spread the word and support efforts in supporting the proposition. This proposition will overturn the courts' decision (from May) to recognize gay marriage. It will state that marriage is only recognized between a man and a woman. This does not deny homosexual couples any of the rights they have previously had. Encourage anyone you know who is a registered California voter to vote YES on Prop.8
Secondly, this election is crap (pardon the language). As a friend of ours said we're not looking for a beautiful flower in a pile of garbage, it's just choosing the lesser of 2 evils. That being said, some things CANNOT be looked over. America is still a democracy, isn't it? I didn't miss something did I? So how can Obama flout socialistic ideals and be running for PRESIDENT of the UNITED STATES?! COME ON??! And his stance on abortion... is sickening. THIS video explains more (be forewarned, it is disturbing). It makes my heart weep. Sure his stance and ideas on education are good... but if he doesn't even give kids a chance to live to get an education....
I am very aware that people's opinions differ greatly. That's okay. I certainly don't expect everyone to agree with me because I definitely don't agree with some other people. But some things are right and wrong. Good and evil. Everything is not a gray area. There are black and white issues. Truth, good, and justice exist. Unfortunately our candidates (both of them) are still looking.
Man, I can't wait for the Second Coming.... :)


P.S.- If you want to be more informed visit THIS very helpful website.

5 comments:

John and Marissa said...

I totally want to do a post like this! This is such an important issue...my sis lives in California and she is coming across some major opposition when she is "cold calling" as a volunteer for Prop 8. Adoption services through LDS family services is completely in jeopardy! So sad to me!!

Janna said...

Here's hoping...we picketed on Hemet main street Saturday. Lot's of fun. We got sooo much support and only a touch of negative.

Jen said...

This will be the third presidential election I've voted in, and the second where I've felt like I was just voting for the lesser of two evils. I am so tired of crappy candidates picked by the two major parties. I'm waiting for a world where a major third party candidate doesn't just ruin the election for Republicans. And a world where Republicans actually act how they should and I can actually be proud of that party again and not be a proud member of a fringe party. :)

Marc and Liz Anson said...

That is just sick.

JoEllen said...

Of course we (Sal and I both) totally agree with you and I'm so glad to see that you're out there encouraging people to be informed and to go vote. It's hard to realize that people are so ill informed and that their vote has just as much bearing as mine! (I hope they're too stupid to find their way to the poles and then just give up!) Good post!