The 4th of July is one of my VERY favorite holidays. I don't know if my depth of patirotism is due to being an Air Force kid but my blood runs a deep red, white, and blue. I hope that is something I pass on to my children: a love and respect for our country and those who founded it and defend and serve it. I tried to throw a neighborhood street party... we had two neighbors come.:) But at least I tried. And we had fun anyway. Some pictures of us celebrating:
Treats for the party (there were many left overs :) )
I was pretty proud of my cupcake "cake". How easy is it to just take your piece away?!



Our party :)

Yea for fireworks!

Making homemade root beer. I couldn't believe I had never made this with Jeremy before! He'd never even tasted it! My family has homemade root beer at MANY family gatherings.

Man, I love using dry ice.

the "boiling" root beer (it's SO cool!!)

Homemade Root Beer: (it's too easy!)
5 gallons of water
5 lbs of sugar (disolve)
5 lbs of dry ice (use carefully, it can "burn")
1 bottle of root beer extract
Mix and enjoy!!
4 comments:
We threw a block party last spring and only had 2 neighbors show up too. It's kind of disheartening but like you said at least you tried. Looks like you had fun and made the best of it. We just love home made rootbeer, mmm, I can almost tast it now.
We totally whould have come! I think the bbq we have every summer keeps getting smaller in numbers...probably because all of our friends keep moving away! Miss you! Cher.
I seem to remember your family making rootbeer on more than one occasion. Yummy! Thanks for the recipe.
I've always wanted to make home made root beer, thanks for the recipe! Good for you for trying to have a block party. We would have come, but we weren't invited. I guess we live too far away. :) I love the picture of Jer and Isis and the sparklers. so cute!
Post a Comment